Sansei Seafood & Sushi Bar
Located in the Queens MarketPlace is one of the area’s most popular venues. Definitely not a quiet & romantic venue. This place is frequently noisy & busy & has more of a diner atmosphere.
The food is amazing! Lots of great choices, including beef. Bold & unique flavors. Generous portions.
We usually split an appetizer & always order the Kona Coffee Mud Pie!
There is a Happy Hour of 50% off on Sunday & Monday until 6PM, Other days 25%. Make a reservation on Open Table & go early to get in line. Yes, there is always a line for Happy Hour.
Worth the wait.
Here are some samples of their delicious entrees and our favorite Mud Pie:
The Dolphin Journeys Difference
We are the Original Company to take people to meet and encounter the dolphins as their primary activity. Started in 1996, Capt. Nancy & her crew have been leading people to the joy and amazing experiences of open water encounters with dolphins, manta rays and whale watching. We strive to offer the most safe, educational and deeply rich experience. We understand your precious vacation dollars deserve to be spent on the very best.
Benefits we provide that are not usually found with other operators:
- Safety Swimmer in the water for every 6 people
- Neoprene Vests
- Wet Suits
- High Quality Masks & Fins
- Educational component on our trips is second to none
About Your Guide: Captain Nancy Sweatt. A dynamo of many talents, Nancy blends her scientific background as a geologist and oceanographer with years of metaphysical study. Her experience of human cadence gives her a unique understanding of people. Known for her laughter and easy manner, you will be intrigued with her company as she guides you on your journey to renewal and healing.
B.A. degree in Geology & Oceanography, 1974-78
(studied in the classroom and attended field study in the Bahamas)
NAUI Certified Diver in 1976
PADI Advance Diver in Australia 1982
PADI DiveMaster in 2000
Licensed U.S.G.C. Captain, 2002
Hawaiian Dolphins: Hawaii is a special place to swim with dolphins in the wild. The most common dolphin to swim with is the Hawaiian Spinner Dolphin. There are about 700 t0 1000 Spinner Dolphins that call the Big Island water’s home. Dolphins love to swim with people. Additional dolphins in Hawaiian waters: Spotted Dolphins, who like to swim with us, Pilot Whales, who may swim with us, and small pods of Pacific Bottlenose Dolphins. Rare and very special to see are:Dense Beaked Whales, False Killer Whales, Pygmy Killer Whales, and extremely rare, but I have swam with the Sperm Whale. In the winter the Humpback Whales are in the warm sub tropical waters of Hawaii to give birth to their young.
Dolphin Journeys focuses on the Hawaiian Spinner Dolphins, Pacific Spotted Dolphins and in the winterseason, Humpback Whales. Most cetaceans are gregarious and love to share their joy. They have been interacting with humans around the Big Island for about 20 some years. The Island of Hawaii (Big Island) has a perfect oceanographic floor for the dolphins. They like shallow, sandy bottom bays to play, teach their young and sleep in by day. The Kona Coast with the very narrow continental shelf provides the unique co-habitation of human coastal life and marine mammals living and working in the same environment. The water along Kona is clean as an ocean can be and provides a beautiful home for the dolphins. Humans have had a small impact on the water of West Hawaii. The primary industry is fishing and that has been the only threat to the dolphins.
|Our renowned Dolphin Journeys ocean excursions will delight you. It is the best way to experience sea life up close in Hawaii. We also offer unique land tours that will enhance your experiences when touring some of the most amazing locations on earth. Due to limited availability, we suggest you reserve today by booking online or contacting us.
You check in for your trip at the Dolphin Journeys Shop. The Shop is located at Honokohau Harbor in the Gentry’s Marina shopping area.
Take the Queen K Hwy, Highway 19. From the North you will travel 4.6 miles south of the airport. From the South, it is the 3rd stop light after Palani.
Turn into the Harbor, then take your first right hand turn.
Take the 2nd left – just 100 yards from your right-hand turn.
You will see a strip of buildings with blue roofs. Turn into the parking lot. Dolphin Journeys is on the right hand side next to the Coast Guard.
Come on in. The door maybe closed for air conditioning or because our dogs Chester and Bess are visiting.
Information for this post was taken from Dolphin Journeys Website. When on the Big Island, this is a must do event. Su’s daughters recently experienced the Dolphin Journey excursion and said it was awesome!
Wasabi Tours Hawaii specializes in small group Hawaii volcanoes tour, circle island tour, and waterfalls adventure from Kona or Hilo on the Big Island of Hawaii. Join our certified tour guides to explore Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, spectacular waterfalls and lush rainforest valleys, world famous Kona Coffee farms, and many more hidden and off the beaten path places on the Big Island.
Waipio Valley and Waterfalls Tour
- Explore stunning waterfalls and the rarely visited Waipio Valley
- Descend down the steep road and cross streams in a 4WD vehicle for a fun and adventurous ride in Waipio Valley
- Chance to hike to the longest black sand beach in Hawaii for dramatic coastal views
- Discover native flora and fauna and learn about the legend and history of Hawaii from knowledgeable tour guides
- Enjoy gourmet local cuisine for lunch and taste famous Malasadas from Tex Drive-In
Big Island Grand Circle Island Tour
- A tour of Hawaii’s biggest island highlighting its natural wonders
- Experience diverse range of ecosystems and climate zones of the island
- Visit the most dramatic waterfalls and scenic valleys on the island, Akaka and Rainbow Falls, and Waipio Valley
- Learn how the island was formed as you explore active craters, steam vents and lava tubes of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Frequent stops for photos to take in the lush scenery, and spot wildlife at Punalu’u Black Sand Beach
Historic Kona and Farm Tour
- Historic, cultural & agricultural sites in & around Kona
- Visit ancient royal grounds at the sacred site of Pu’uhonua o Honaunua National Historical Park
- Take a guided nature walk through Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park to see ancient fishponds and seawalls
- Discover Hawaiian monk seals and green sea turtles at Honokohau Beach
- Honey tasting & beekeeper-led talk at Big Island Bees and sip coffee on a tour of a coffee plantation
Big Island Twilight Volcano Tour
- Discover sea turtles at a rare black sand beach and uncover majestic waterfalls
- Visit must-see spots within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park including scenic Chain of Craters Road and Holei Sea Arch
- Leisurely hike through rainforest and an ancient lava tube to discover fascinating flora and fauna endemic to Hawaii
- Mesmerizing view of the red lava glow at Halemaumau Crater after dark
- Professional and certified guide sharing knowledge of the history, cultures, and geology of the island and the national park
Zip and Volcano Combo
- Seven ziplines including the only zipline in Hawaii that soars over a 250’ waterfall
- Delicious picnic style lunch and swim at a privately owned waterfalls (weather permitting)
- Stunning display of dynamic natural wonders in Volcanoes National Park
- Leisurely hike through rainforest & an ancient lava tube to discover fascinating flora and fauna endemic to Hawaii
- Mesmerizing view of the red lava glow at Halemaumau Crater
- Professional guide sharing knowledge of the history, cultures, and geology of the island
Land and Sky Combo
One hour flight will depart from Hilo International Airport
After taking off, you will soar over the lush rainforests of the Hilo area, the vistas of Mauna Loa (Hawai’i’s largest mountain) and the cascading waterfalls of the Rainbow Falls State Park. Most exciting of all, you’ll experience the current activity at Kilauea Volcano from a unique vantage point 500 feet above!
Two hour flight will depart from Kona International Airport or Waikoloa Helipad
Five major volcanoes, breathtaking mountain ranges, stunning white and black sand beaches, lush waterfalls, 2,000’ valley walls, dramatic coastlines and 11 different climate zones—this is what we call the Hawai’i Experience! Explore the activity at Kilauea crater, the lush rainforests of East Hawai’i, the Kohala valleys and waterfalls, the white sand beach resorts of Waikoloa and much more during this air adventure.
Day and Night Combo
The Big Island is the only place in Hawaii, and 1 of only 2 spots in the entire world where you get to swim with Manta Rays. They are an amazing species with a wingspan up to 16ft in length. Mantas don’t have teeth or stingers and are harmless to people. Enjoy the experience of lifetime as you watch the majestic creatures roll and glide right under you.
Manta rays can boast a wingspan up to 20 feet wide (6.1 meters) and are one of the largest fish in the ocean. Don’t worry; these gentle giants are completely harmless. Unlike stingrays, manta rays do not possess stingers or barbs on their tails and have no teeth. Instead, they suck in plankton with their wide, vacuum like ocean cleaner mouths.
Information for this post was taken from http://www.wasabitourshawaii.com/